Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Purina® Busy Brand Dog Treats



















Though there are many great things about this product, I feel the need to notify everyone of the obnoxious MESS that these things make!  For smaller dogs it will take a decent amount of time to get through this treat, meanwhile you have a really soggy ooey gooey log sitting around getting white residue all over anything and everything that it touches.  Matty had it in her whiskers, on her paws, and all around her mouth by the time she was done and needed to be wiped down with warm water to get rid of the crusty leftovers.  Oh, and the these treats STINK.  Matty felt the need to put the treat ON me while she was chewing it and wouldn't take no for an answer and the smell nearly made me gag.

Also: at the time of purchase I wasn't aware that this treat was not intended for puppies under 1 year of age.

Taste: 4/5
This was the first treat that I gave Matty where we experienced her walking around and making little "whining" sounds as she delicately carried it around for about 3 minutes before finally digging into it.  At first I was concerned, but now she does the "walk and whine" just about every single time that I give her something that she enjoys. Once she started to get a taste of it, she wouldn't put it down!

Nutrition: 4/5
I have already boasted about how fond I am of Purina in the review I did of the Meaty d'lites , but in case you missed it I'll touch base with a little bit of general information about them.  I feel that they are a very trustworthy company with many quality items and always very open and honest about the contents of their products, and that goes a long way with me.  You can visit the official site to see specific information about the ingredients in this product (as well as familiarizing yourself with other Busy Bone items).  With a decent amount of protein and fiber, this makes a really great snack but should not replace a meal.  Also good for cleaning and massaging gums and teeth for good oral health.

Price: 4/5
Running at just under $3 for a two-pack, I think that is a pretty fair price (around $1.50 a piece).  You get two large sticks that will provide a decent amount of time for any dog to enjoy.  It took Matty between 3 and 4 hours to finish her treat, but again, I was unaware that it wasn't intended for puppies under 1 year of age so that may attribute to the lengthy chewing time.  Also not intended for dogs under 5lbs (which thankfully Matty was well beyond when I gave it to her).

Availability: 5/5
There are a plethora of locations and options for you to grab one of these treats!  Online sources for these treat such as PetDirect or Amazon are good places to start, or if you are looking for a local place to find them, I stumbled across mine at Reasor's so you should be able to locate them at most larger grocery stores (Target or Wal-Mart) or your favorite pet outlets such as Petsmart or PetCo.

No comments:

Post a Comment