Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Milk-Bone® Gravy Bones® for Small & Medium Dogs, 19 oz. Box




















Taste: 2 / 5
When I give these to Matty, she always gives me a really skeptical look and is very hesitant to take one from me.  She'll gently clasp one of these treats between her teeth and immediately try to find a place to hide or bury it.  Sometimes I'll find these things hidden away DAYS later completely untouched.  Every so often if she's really bored she'll go and crunch one up (or half of one), but I think it's safe to say she isn't enjoying these very much at all.  I think these would be better for larger households with multiple pets that have already matured enough to be passed the "picky" stage that I believe Matty is currently approaching.

Nutrition: 3.5 / 5
The official description boasts that these biscuits (4 different varieties of flavors to a box) each have 12 essential vitamins and minerals with only 45 calories a biscuit.  This "healthy" part may be a factor as to why Matty doesn't enjoy them as much as other treats (similar to how I had to work her into enjoying her SmartPuppy food), but I remain skeptical of the contents, and in the end anything that this over-zealous pup doesn't eventually try to devour (this is coming from a dog who eats dirt clods and toilet paper) has to be icky.  I know that Milk-Bone has a good reputation, so I wouldn't be against trying another one of their products in the future when Matty has had a bit more time to grow and develop her tastes (I'm particularly interested in their Soft & Chewy line).

Price: 4.5 / 5
At $3.29 a box, these treats are affordable on even the strictest budget and you get a very generous helping of biscuits per box.  However, the cheaper price also factors into my skepticism that I mentioned above in the "nutrition" section.

Availability: 5 / 5
I challenge you to find a place that DOESN'T carry these!  Milk-Bone is most certainly a household name and can be found in the pet aisle in grocery stores, at any pet store, most larger general department stores (like Target and Wal-Mart), and even some more obscure places like Walgreens and CVS.


No comments:

Post a Comment